Is there such a thing as National Bagel Day?
– In 1824 the U.S. House of Representatives elected John Quincy Adams president. No candidate had received a majority of electoral votes.
– In 1895 the sport of volleyball was invented by W.G. Morgan.
– In 1943 U.S. forces won a strategic victory over Japan on the island of Guadalcanal
– In 1953 the first “Superman” movie premiered
– In 1964 The Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
– In 1997 “The Simpsons” became the longest-running prime-time animated series
It’s a pretty big day to live up to but we think the bagel is worth of such influential company.