Hot Recipe: Pretzel Roll Bagels
While poppy seed and onion bagels have achieved world wide popularity other bagel ideas including peanut butter, bacon and apple bagel sandwiches and chocolate chip bagels have been slow to catch on. However, on Monday Annie Oliverio posted to One Green Planet her recipe for pretzel roll bagels that have potential for being a cult favorite.
Baking bagels and pretzels are similar and it’s a natural fit to combine the two for a wonderful mix of soft and chewy pretzels with crusty bagels.
Below is a list of the ingredients used:
– 1 cup warm water
– 1 packet regular yeast
– 1/8 cup barley malt syrup
– 1-1/2 cups bread flour
– 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
– ½ cup vital wheat gluten
– ¼ cup barley malt powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– Fine cornmeal, for dusting pans
– ¼ cup baking soda, for boiling
– 1 tbsp. kosher salt, for topping
– 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, for topping
– 1 tbsp. poppy seeds, for topping
Have an idea for bagel flavor or sandwich? Visit the Between Round Facebook page and let us know.